Best platform to apply for Indian tourist visa for US citizens. To learn more about Indian tourist visa requirements, visit the website now. The India Tourist eVisa is an official document permitting entry into and travel within India and is electronically linked to your passport.
Indian Immigration Authority overhauled their Tourist Visa policy in September 2019. In order to realise the Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s vision of doubling the number of tourists coming to Indian Visa for US Citizens tourism minister Prahlad Singh Patel announced a spate of changes to Indian Online Visa.
With effect from September 2019, a long-term 5 year Indian Tourist Visa (India e-Visa) is now available to tourists on United States passports who yearn to visit India multiple times in a span of 5 years.
The article covers validity and documents required for 5 year Tourist Visa and top attractions for Americans.
Read Also: India Online Visa for Mexican Nationals
Indian Tourist Visa for US citizens is available in following categories:
India Tourist Visa 30 days: Double entry visa valid for 30 days from date of entry in India.
India Tourist Visa for 1 Year (or 365 days): Multiple entry visa valid for 365 days from date of grant of e-Visa.
India Tourist Visa for 5 Years (or 60 months): Multiple entry visa valid for valid for 5 years from date of grant of e-Visa.
All visas mentioned above are non-extendable and non-convertible. If you have applied and paid for a 1 year Tourist Visa, then you cannot convert or upgrade that to a 5 year Visa.
5 Year e-Tourist Visa Stay Notice for US Citizens
For United States passport holders continuous stay during each entry shall not exceed 180 days.
5 year e-Tourist Visa is usually issued within 96 hours. However it is advisable to apply a week in advance of your flight.
Which activies are permitted on 5 Year Indian Tourist Visa for US citizens?
India Tourist visa is granted to those who intend to travel to Indian Visa for American Citizens for 1 or more of following reasons:
- Trip is for recreation or sightseeing
- Trip is for visiting friends, family or relatives
- Trip is to attend short term yoga programme
What are essential requirements to apply for Indian Tourist Visa?
The essential requirements for 5 year India e-Tourist Visa are:
- A passport that is valid for at least 6 months from the date of first arrival in India.
- An Email ID.
- A valid method for payment like a debit card / credit card (Visa, MasterCard, Amex etc), UnionPay or a Paypal Account.
Read Also: How Do You Apply For A Turkey Visa Online?
What are top places of interest for US Citizens in India?
- Experience Taj Mahal in Agra– Taj Mahal needs no introduction, the finest monument depicting love and devotion. Agra also boasts of many other histoical monuments of Mughal era and a city brimming with culture and heritage.
- Ladakh or Little Tibet – Ladakh is a major attraction due to its exceptional beauty and culture. Situated in Jammu and Kashmir , it boasts lovely weather and houses many ancient Buddhist monasteries.
- Sikkim – Sikkim is 1 of the smaller and least populous Indian state. Located at the base of the Himalayas, it is surrounded by beautiful mountains and has a colorful mix of Tibetan and Buddhist cultures.
- Kerala – Kerala offers serene beaches, Ayurveda resorts and natural spas. It is a must visit for American tourists and perfect for couples or family vacations. Kerala also offers travellers tea and spice plantations.
- Andaman and Nicobar Islands – Beautiful beaches to lounge on, water sports, amazing and delectable seafood, elephant safari to sea-walking are some of the attractions of this colorful and amazing attraction.
- Lush sea plantations in Darjeeling – Darjeeling Himalayan Railway is a world heritage site. World famous for its tea, Happy Valley Tea Estate is another popular tourist attraction. The flavor and aroma of Darjeeling Tea is not to be missed.
- Sea of forts and palaces Jaipur – Jaipur is popular for its historical monuments. Multiple palaces and forts like City Palace, Amer and Jaigarh Fort, Jantar Mantar Observatory; a world heritage site and Lakshmi-Narayan Temple
- A spiritual hub Rishikesh – An ideal place at foothills of Himalaya to savour spiritual and healing experience in the form of many great ashrams as well as temples. Rishikesh is also famous for several Yoga programmes. For Americans and music lovers, “Maharishi Mahesh Yogi Ashram” is a place of great significance owing to the fact that The Beatles visited the place in 1960’s.