Sonos Arc is a well-sounding and acclaimed soundbar that gives a real quality boost to your TV. But at the same time, it is a costly model that frees your wallet from SEK 9,000.
If you are an Apple user and want to connect your soundbar to an Apple TV or use HomeKit then you may be wondering if Sonos Arc supports this.
And the answer is yes, the Sonos Arc supports both AirPlay 2 and HomeKit.
This means you can easily stream high-resolution audio and video wirelessly from your Apple gadgets directly to a Sonos Arc. In addition, you can easily voice control the soundbar thanks to the HomeKit support.
And it’s pretty easy to get started with Sonos Arc for HomeKit. All you need to do is add the device to the Apple Home app.
Add Sonos Arc to HomeKit
- Open the Apple Home app> Tap “Add Accessories”
- Select “Do you have no code or can not scan?”
- Touch the device that indicates the Sonos Arc
- Select the room name where you placed your soundbar
Ser du inte din Sonos Arc i appen? Du kan behöva starta om soundbaren för att den ska synas.
It’s not harder than that. Once you’ve connected your Sonos Arc to your home network and your Apple Home app, you can voice control your device. For example, with the following commands:
- Hey Siri, play some rock in the living room
- Hey Siri, turn up the volume in the living room
- Hey Siri, play Beats 1 radio in the living room
Keep in mind that Sonos Arc and Apple HomeKit only work optimally if you are careful with the room name.