The battery icon at the top right of the screen certainly gives an idea of how much battery is actually left. But it is possible to get a more accurate estimate.
With the launch of iPhone X and the, now classic, flip at the top of the screen disappeared the ability to display the phone’s battery percentage next to the battery icon. Something like earlier been a very flexible way to get a slightly more accurate figure on how much charge was actually left in the battery. The reason why the function disappeared from iPhone X spelled probably space. Due to the camera flaps, there is simply no more room for the percentage.
Thankfully, it is still possible to see what percentage of power the battery has left even on newer ones iPhonemodels. However, the solution is not quite as flexible as before.
* Below is the only way to view the battery percentage on iPhone X and above. So on iPhones with the camera flaps at the top of the screen. If you have an iPhone without a camera flap, you can too do the following to display the battery percentage directly next to the battery icon.
See what percentage of the battery is left on iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone 11 and iPhone 12
Unfortunately, it is no longer possible to display the battery percentage directly next to the small battery symbol at the top of the screen. Instead, the battery percentage is now reached most quickly by dragging your finger diagonally down from the upper, higher corner of the screen. This opens Control center where the percentage level is visible at the top.
View the battery percentage via a Widget
It is also possible to add a so-called Widget on the home screen and via this show the remaining percentage of the battery. To do this, do the following.
- Touch an empty area on the screen and hold your finger until the icons start to wobble.
- Point to the plus sign at the top left of the screen.
- Write Batteries in the search box, at the top.
- Point to Batteries and select one of the different battery widgets followed by Add widget.
- Exit by tapping Clear, at the top right corner.
If you have questions or concerns about the iPhone and batteries, you are of course welcome to share your thoughts in the comments below.