Are you searching for the benefits of the QuickBooks File Doctor? If you want to know about QuickBooks file doctor or more information then we are here to help you by providing all the detail of the file doctor. Read this article at the bottom and follow all the steps properly.
QuickBooks File Doctor is a program that helps you to resolve all the QuickBooks-related issues. It is also a tool that integrates with QuickBooks 2016 and therefore the latest versions. Make sure before using this tool you must have login as admin, connect to the network, must have the company file less than 2 GB, etc.
Types of QuickBooks File Doctor
- Built-in file doctor
- Stand-alone version
- Built-in File Doctor
The build-in file doctor tool has few necessities and this can only be accessed on QuickBooks 2016 desktop or the latest versions updates. So, it is recommended to keep your QuickBooks software updated.
- Stand-Alone version
The stand-alone version is used for the hosting servers, connectivity, and network-related issues. If you activate the QuickBooks Database Server Manager then it will be accessed. This will always take as preferred versions of the two available versions on market.
The Error that can be Fixed by File Doctor
Below are the following mentioned all the errors that can be solved by using the QuickBooks File Doctor:-
- The blank or missing vendors, employees, and customers lists.
- When the company file fails to launch.
- The H series error code of QuickBooks like H101, H202, H303, and H505.
- The 6000 series errors of QuickBooks such as 6000 82, 6000 305, 6147, and 6130, etc.
- If the company file is damaged or corrupted.
- Experience some issues while launching the company file.
Download and Install the QuickBooks File Doctor
There are two options to download the QuickBooks File Doctor. The first is via the official website of Intuit and the other is via QuickBooks Tool Hub. just follow the below-mentioned steps:-
1. Download QuickBooks File Doctor via the official website of Intuit:-
- Initially, close all the background running programs related to QuickBooks.
- Then, go to the Intuit website to download the tool on your computer.
- Click on the download button and start the process.
- When the file doctor tool is downloaded successfully then you will have download.exe file on your device.
- Now, open the .exe file and an install setup will open on your system screen.
- After that, click on the Yes option, and the installation process will start.
- Then, instructions will appear on your system screen, you have to follow and accept all the terms and conditions mentioned on it to complete the installation process.
2. Download file doctor tool via QuickBooks Tool Hub:-
- Firstly, you have to download the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Then, save that downloaded tool on the desktop.
- Now, click on the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file.
- On your screen, you will see instructions occur and accept all the terms and conditions.
- Click on the QuickBooks tool hub and select the company file issue tab.
- Then, click on run QuickBooks File Doctor and choose the company file.
- Now, select the check your company file and tap on Continue.
- Lastly, you have to write your admin password to start the process and tap on Next.
Benefits of File Doctor Tool
There are some benefits to downloading QuickBooks File Doctor Tool:-
- From this tool, you can resolve any network and connectivity setup issues.
- This tool is used to fix the 6000 series error code like error 6000 305, error code 6189, error 6000 82, etc.
- You can also fix the H series error code.
- If you face data loss and data corruption then it will help to backup all the information that is valuable.
- When you try to open the company file in one system which is saved in another system then the QuickBooks File Doctor tool will help you to access the company files.
How to Resolve Company File Damage by Using QuickBooks File Doctor
If you want to fix the damaged company file by using the file doctor then ensure that you install tool hub on your system. Otherwise, download it from the official website. After that you can follow the below-given methods:-
Steps 1- Run Quick Fix my Program
- First of all, open the tool hub and select the company file issues tab.
- Then, choose Quick Fix my program option.
- Click on ok and run the tool.
Step 2- Use QuickBooks File Doctor
- Firstly, select the QuickBooks tool hub and tap on company file issues.
- Then, run the file doctor tool and wait till the doctor tool occurs. If it is unable to launch then search for desktop file doc.
- Now, select the company file from the drop-down file.
- After that, click on the Check for the file and tap on the continue tab.
- Lastly, you have to enter the admin password and click on the Next.
Step 3- update and create a backup company file
- In these last steps, you have to create a backup file of your company file and then update your QuickBooks software.
In the above article, we discuss the benefits of the QuickBooks File Doctor. We hope that will be helpful for you and understand all the points. If you have any errors or issues then check out our other posts also.