Facing issues with Quickbooks is common like any other application. Some errors can be frustrating for the users. Quickbooks not opening issues is one such frustrating error that a user can encounter. If the Quickbooks application won’t start on the system, it will certainly hamper the whole workflow. It will also restrict you from accessing or opening the required Quickbooks file. Fortunately, it is one of such issues which can be resolved without any technical guidance. So, we have come up with this article for you to help you to fix the Quickbooks not opening error.
What Causes Quickbooks Not Opening Issue
One of the major issues for which you can face the issue is that the ini file is corrupted. Below we have listed other common reasons for encountering the issue.
- Your Quickbooks company file name is quite long.
- In case the operating system that you are using is not updated.
- Also, the Quickbooks application is not updated to the latest version.
- The hard drive on which your company file is present is corrupted or hard drive.
- The Ini file is damaged.
Identifications of Quickbooks Won’t Open
Check out the following indications of Quickbooks won’t open issue. this will help you identify and avoid issues in the future.
- Quickbooks application may freeze for some time.
- In case the windows operating system starts running very slowly.
- The system may also hang while performing a specific task.
- In case the system may not respond properly to the keyboard and mouse inputs.
How to Resolve Quickbooks Won’t Open Issue
Hope so, you are aware of all the indications and causes of the issue, here are all the solutions you can use to resolve the issue. We have explained to you all the steps associated with each method. Make sure to follow all the steps, in the same way, to complete the process smoothly.
Fix 1: End Quickbooks Processes
- For this, you will have to go to the Windows taskbar and then right-click on the same. From the menu, choose the task manager tab.
- Under this, you will have to tap on the processes tab. Now, tap on the image name header. The list of all the processes in alphabetical order will appear on the system.
- Now, you will have to look for the exe file.
- Under this, look for the QBW32.exe process and then choose to end the process.
Fix 2: Change QBWUser.ini File’s Name
- For this, look for the folder in which you have stored the ini file. You will then have to tap on the option to enable hidden folders and files.
- Now, you will have to look for the QBWUSER.ini file and then right-click on it. Click on the option to rename the file.
- At the end of the name, type OLD and then save the changes.
- Now, you will have to go through the steps for the ecml file.
- In the end, check if the issues are fixed or not.
Fix 3: Repair Quickbooks
- To begin with, you will have to press the ALT+DEL+CTRL keys together.
- Now, the task manager will open on the screen.
- In the task manager, you will have to tap on the Process tab.
- Under this, you will have to look for the Quickbooks processes and then right-click on the same.
- Now, you will have to choose to end the process.
- After this, a confirmation prompt will appear on the screen. You will have to tap on the end all processes option.
- Now, start Quickbooks again.
- When you will start it, you will have to tap on the option for repair Quickbooks.
Fix 4: Employ Install Diagnostic Tool
- To begin with, you will have to download the Quickbooks tool hub on your system. Make sure to download the latest version of the tool.
- Now, tap on the downloaded file and then install the file on your system.
- You will then have to tap on the installation issues tab.
- On this tab, you will have to click on the Quickbooks install diagnostic tool.
- Click on the Ok button.
- When done, the tool will start on the system. Wait for the tool to complete the full scan.
- On completion, you will have to start Quickbooks and then check if the issue is resolved.
Fix 5: Change ND and TLG File’s Name
- To begin with, you will have to open the folder in which your company file is present.
- Now, you will have to look for the ND file.
- When found, right-click on the file and then choose rename option.
- You will now have to type OLD in the name of the file and then save it.
- Change the name of the TLG file following the same set of steps.
- In the end, Start Quickbooks and open your company file. These files will be created again on your system.
Fix 6: Clean Install Quickbooks
- For this, you will have to start the Quickbooks tool hub on your system.
- From there, you will have to click on the installation issues tab.
- Now, you will have to choose Quickbooks clean install tool option.
- It will then uninstall and install the application. Also, it will delete all unnecessary files.
Quickbooks won’t open is one of the issues that you can encounter. With all the steps mentioned, we hope that you will successfully fix the issue. However, if you continue facing the same issue, you can also seek technical guidance. The team will assist you with the whole process.