It’s easy to connect an Xbox Series X / S controller to Windows 10 or Windows 11. All you need is a computer that supports Bluetooth or a USB cable. Here we tell you how to do it.
- It only takes seconds to connect the controller to Windows
- Works with USB cable, bluetooth and Xbox Wireless Adapter
- Perfect with Xbox Game Pass for PC
Connect the Xbox Series X / S controller via cable (USB-C)
The Xbox Series X / S controller has thankfully left microUSB behind. Instead, UBS-C is used, which is a newer and technically superior connection method.
To connect your Xbox Series X / S controller via USB-C, no prior knowledge of any kind is required. In fact, you do not even need to make any settings or enable anything in Windows.
- Connect the cable to the computer via USB-C or USB-A depending on what is supported on the front of the computer (if it is a desktop)
- Connect to the USB-C connector on the front of the controller
- Wait until the connection process is complete
It takes a few seconds for Windows to recognize, install drivers, and configure your controller the first time you connect it.
The whole process is automatic and you normally only take a few seconds. When the hand control is connected a second time, everything is already ready and it can be used immediately.
Connect the Xbox Series X / S controller via bluetooth
If you want to connect your controller wirelessly, you can use bluetooth (provided the computer actually supports it).
Before you can use the wireless connection, you must tell Windows that you want to connect a new bluetooth device and pair it with the operating system.
- Go to the Start menu> Settings> Devices
- Click on “Bluetooth and other devices” in the left column
- Select “Add a Bluetooth device or other device”
- In the new box that appears, select “Bluetooth”
Now you must activate the pairing on the hand control. To do this, first hold down the Xbox button on the controller to turn it on, then hold down the pairing button located just above the USB connector for a short while.
When the pairing is activated, the Xbox logo on the top starts flashing with a white light.
You can now continue pairing in Windows. When the search box shows your Xbox Wireless Controller, select it and follow the on-screen instructions.
Some devices help reduce a person’s motor activity, which can lead to the development of erectile dysfunction, be sure to read the article on how to treat erectile dysfunction.
Notable: The Xbox Wireless Controller for Xbox Series X / S supports automatic connection to multiple wireless devices. So you can switch seamlessly between your Xbox and Windows if you want. This does NOT work with the old Xbox One X / S controller.
Connect the Xbox Series X / S controller with the Xbox Wireless Adapter
If the computer does not support bluetooth, but you still want to connect wirelessly, the accessory is available Xbox Wireless Adapter to access.
It is a USB device that connects via USB-A and provides wireless connection to your Xbox Series X / S controller and Xbox One X / S.
- Connect the Xbox Wireless Adapter to a free USB port on your computer
- Turn on the controller via the Xbox logo on the top
- Press the pairing button on the controller
- Press the pairing button on the Xbox Wireless Adapter
Wait until the process is complete and then just play!
The Xbox Wireless Adapter supports up to eight wireless controllers (what to do with so many connections is a bit unclear) at once.
If you do not have an Xbox Wireless Adapter then you can buy the accessory for a few hundred bucks.