Struggling with the USB-C connection on your LG 35WN75C monitor? You’re not alone. Several users have faced challenges with this feature. Let’s dive into a comprehensive guide addressing common issues and potential solutions.
Common Issues and Solutions
No Video or Power
- Inspect the Cable and Connections: Ensure a secure fit, check for damage, and try a different cable. Clean ports with compressed air or a lint-free cloth.
- Update Drivers and Firmware: Download the latest drivers from LG’s website and install any available firmware updates for both devices.
- Adjust Power Delivery (PD) Settings: Verify compatibility between the monitor’s PD output and your device’s power requirements. Enable or disable PD settings in your device’s power management options.
- Check for Loose Connections: Ensure a firm connection at both ends.
- Consider Cable Quality: Replace with a high-quality, certified cable.
- Address Potential Interference: Minimize nearby devices that might cause interference.
- Update Drivers and Firmware: Install the latest updates to address potential software issues.
- Confirm PD Compatibility: Ensure your device supports PD and is compatible with the monitor’s PD output.
- Inspect Power Delivery Settings: Enable PD in your device’s power settings and try different charging cables.
USB Hub Issues:
- Check Hub Compatibility: Ensure the hub supports DisplayPort Alt Mode for video output.
- Update Hub Drivers: Install the latest drivers for the hub.
- Try Direct Connection: Connect devices directly to the monitor’s USB-C port for troubleshooting.
Q: Does the LG 35WN75C support Thunderbolt 3?
A: No, it only supports standard USB-C with DisplayPort functionality.
Q: Does the monitor charge my laptop through USB-C?
A: Yes, it supports power delivery up to 60W, but check compatibility with your specific laptop model.
Q: Can I use a USB-C hub with the monitor?
A: Yes, but ensure the hub supports DisplayPort Alt Mode for video output.
Read Also: How to Fix a Frozen Application on a Mac
If you’ve exhausted these troubleshooting steps, contact LG customer support for further assistance. They can help diagnose the problem and suggest potential solutions, repairs, or replacements.