There are many instances where people feel that their Gmail account is being used by someone else. If you are also someone that feels the same then, do not worry as we are going to tell you how you can check if your Gmail account is being used by someone else and what measures can you take when this happens.
This detailed guide will help you completely if you suspect someone keeps using my email and what can you do in a situation like this.
How to Know if Someone is Using your Gmail account?
There are certain signs that point to the fact that your account has been compromise and someone else is using the account in your name and has been hack. We are giving you certain points that point to this fact and you can make sure if these activities are happening from your account.
- Sending your emails that you have not sent
- Getting complaints from your contacts that they are receiving spam mails
- Change of password or email address
- Any other suspicious activity from your account
What Can you do if Someone Else is Using your Gmail Account?
If you are sure that someone else has the access to your Gmail account then there are certain things that you can do to prevent that from continuing and restricting the activities of someone else.
Method 1: Check who has logged into your account
The first thing that you can do is monitor the different login activities of your account. To check this, you need to follow the steps that we are giving here.
- Open your Gmail account and then go to the bottom of the inbox page.
- There you will see a link stating details in the right corner. Click on that which will open all the recent activities of your account.
- There, you will see a list of all the different login attempts of your account.
- If you notice any suspicious login attempt from a different IP address, log out of that particular device from there and prevent the activity from their side.
- Another thing, you can do is to sign out of all the devices that is present there and change the password immediately to make your account more secure.
Method 2: Enable two-factor authentication
Another thing that you can try if you are sure of your hacked account then, to enable the two-factor authentication of your Gmail account. With this method, there will be two steps for every login attempt in your account. You will get a verification code that you need to input after you type the password of your Gmail account.
This is the process of how to find out if your email is being use by someone else and what can you do to prevent the issue.