A bad posture can ruin your outlook and make you look old or sick. Even though you may feel wonderful on the inside, having a curved back only because you don’t have the right posture isn’t what you should be living with. You will also learn how to improve posture for a healthy back.
Good posture includes training the body to walk, stand, sit and lie in a position that causes the minor strain on your supporting muscles or ligaments used in these activities.
What is the correct posture?
Posture is a position where you keep holding your body shield, sitting, standing or lying down. A good posture includes training the body to walk, stand, sit, or lie in a position that causes minor strain over ligaments and muscles while performing or moving through weight-bearing activities.
Good posture will help you in these ways:
It will keep your bones and joints in an ideal position to use these muscles properly.
- It helps in cutting down on the overall wear and tear of the joint surfaces
- Reduces strain on ligaments on your spine
- It prevents the spine from being fixed in the wrong, abnormal positions
- It prevents excessive fatigue because the muscles are being used more efficiently now.
How to improve posture for a healthy back?
Here are a few tips on how you can get a correct posture:
- Distribute the body weight evenly on your hips.
- Wear a posture corrector to fix your posture.
- Bend the knees at a right angle. Always keep your knees even or a bit higher than your hips.
- Keep the feet flat over the floor.
- Try to avoid sitting in a similar position for over 30 minutes.
- When sitting in a chair that rolls or pivots, don’t twist on the waist while sitting. Instead, try turning your whole body.
- When you are standing up from your sitting position, you should move to the front of the chair. Stand straight up by straightening the legs. Avoid bending ahead on your waist. Immediately stretch the back by doing around ten standing backbends. Have a correct sitting posture as well.
How To Perfect Your Sleeping And Lying Own Positions?
So on how to improve posture for a healthy back, you cannot ignore the fact that we must fix the posture in sleep.
Try to sleepover in a position that helps you maintain the curve in the back. You can do so by placing a pillow beneath your knees or dodging a lumbar roll under the lower back or over your side with your knees bent slightly. Don’t sleep on the side with knees drawn up onto your chest.
- Select a relatively firm mattress and the box spring set which doesn’t sag. If needed, place a board underneath your mattress. You may also place the mattress over the floor just temporarily if required. Take the time so that you find the right mattress and the box spring for your requirements.
- Also, try using the back support during the night. That will make you feel comfortable. Having a rolled sheet or some towel tied around the waist may be helpful.
- When you stand up from your lying position, the first turn on the side, draw both knees and then swing the legs onto the side of the bed.
All these tips will help you get the correct posture. Other than this, you can have a posture corrector from WorldBrace. They are of the highest quality and can give you good results within a short time of wearing them. You will soon see the benefits of having a good posture