Skandiabanken has finally received support for Apple Pay. And that as one of the last large banks in Sweden.
- Add your debit card with the Apple Wallet or Skandia app
- Works with iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch and Mac
At first, only a few Swedish banks introduced support for Apple Pay. Slowly but surely, the number increased over the years, and today only a few stubbornly do not offer Apple Pay.
Connect your debit card with Apple Pay
Until today, Skandibanken has been one of these. But now the bank announces that all customers can get Apple Pay. And it only takes a few minutes.
All that is needed is an account with Skandibanken with a linked bank card. And an Apple ID of course.
Download the Skandia app to your iPhone or use the Wallet app to scan your debit card. Once you have connected the payment card with Apple Pay, you can pay wirelessly in thousands of terminals in Sweden.
All you need is your iPhone or a newer Apple Watch.
How to get Apple Pay at Skandiabanken
- log in with The Skandia app (the latest version)
- Click on “Accounts & cards” in the menu
- Select the card to add to Apple Pay
- Click “Add to Apple Wallet”
- Accept the terms
- Click OK
When is your card inserted and ready to use with Apple Pay.
You can also use Apple Wallet if you prefer. Here’s how:
- Open the Apple Wallet app
- Touch the plus sign to add a new card
- Select Skandiabanken and scan your card, alternatively enter the card information manually
- Accept the terms
- Verify yourself with a one-time code via SMS
The card is now added to Apple Pay. Just like if you use the Skandia app.
The Apple gadgets that work with Apple Pay
If you have older Apple gadgets, you may need to upgrade with a new iPhone or Apple Watch if you want Apple Pay to work.
Here are the mobile phones and smartwatches that work with Apple Pay today:
- iPhones with Face ID
- iPhones with Touch ID (except iPhone 5s)
- Apple Watch Series 1 and 2, or later
- Apple Watch (1st generation)