Lost an important unsaved PowerPoint and now looking for an easy to recover it?
Then, you have landed on the right page because, in this brief article, you will get acquainted with the steps through which you will get the answer to your query called “how to recover unsaved PowerPoint?“
So, shall we begin?
Ways to Recover Unsaved Powerpoint.
These are the ways to recover unsaved PowerPoint easily without any errors.
- To recover unsaved PowerPoint, start by heading towards the “File” tab.
- Once you have reached the File tab, now select the Open option.
- After that, you have to choose the Recover Unsaved Presentations which you will notice at the bottom of the recent files on the screen.
- Now simply select the presentation to open it.
By following these simple steps, you can easily recover PowerPoint and if the above-mentioned steps will not be able to resolve your query, then you can check the alternative way of PowerPoint recovery.
- Likewise above, head to the File tab and once you have reached the File tab, now select Info.
- After that go to Manage Presentation and next Recover Unsaved Presentations.
- Now you have to choose your presentation and if you fail to find it then there are probable chances that you will find it in the C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\PowerPoint folder of Windows.
And if you are a Mac user, you will get Autorecover data in the below-mentioned folder.
- Now, you have to copy the file path and paste it into the File Explorer and then hit the enter button and replace User with your Windows and Mac username.
Also, if you are still unable to find it then, try checking out in the C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp folder or press Windows+R to perform a run.
Lastly, If you’re using Microsoft PowerPoint, you can use the AutoRecover feature to recover unsaved PowerPoint. Simply enable AutoRecover in the PowerPoint application.
- To use this method, open a new PowerPoint file.
- Click on the Options menu and then click on Save.
- Copy the file location path that appears in the image below.
- After you’ve recovered your unsaved Powerpoint file,
- you can save it to your PC.
If your computer has AutoRecover, you can select the option in the AutoRecover box and select the time limit for your presentation to be saved. This option will save the latest version of your document automatically, so you won’t have to worry about remembering to save your presentation. You can also choose the location of your unsaved PowerPoint presentations in the “AutoRecover” setting. Once you have the location, you can continue working on your presentation.